Monday, February 22, 2010

Restaurant Find: La Traviata

On my last day in Austin, I had to be rebooked on a later flight due to the record snowfall in Dallas. I hate traveling in the winter. The later flight did however give me the time to enjoy a nice sit-down lunch by myself at La Traviata, a charming little restaurant in downtown Austin. It was only about half a mile from the convention center so I walked my not dressed warmly enough self to the restaurant and was seated at a tiny table near the door and a window looking out over Congress. I mentioned on my personal blog how nice it can to dine by one self. Especially when the meal is as delicious as mine was at La Traviata.


This was my Caesar salad, which is in theory, a pretty simple salad. However, the sherry vinegar and anchovy vinaigrette made it spectacular. I really like Caesar salads. They're simple salads, lettuce, Parmesan, croutons and dressing. But the sherry vinegar added such a nice bite. I've got to try making a homemade Caesar dressing myself one day.


For my entree, I waffled for a bit between dishes, but eventually settled on this Calamari alla Puttanesca. I love seafood, and I really love calamari. I also thought this pasta was delicious. The sauce had a terrific bite to it, and the calamari was spectacular. Calamari is tricky, oftentimes coming out just a tad bit too chewy. But mine was perfect. And while the dish looks like one of great substance, it never felt too heavy, an excellent thing in a midday meal. All in all, a very satisfying meal for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment