Monday, March 1, 2010

Mushroom Alfredo



For dinner tonight, I decided to throw together a mushroom alfredo for me and my sister. When using mushrooms, I always use brown mushrooms or baby bellas. They just taste better to me. I found this recipe online from a blogger and the entire meal came together really quickly. My sauce was a little thick, but otherwise delicious. Only a few years ago, I never cooked, and it occasionally surprises me now how much I love it. And how often I go grocery shopping and think, I could do that myself.

Mushroom Alfredo
spaghetti
package of sliced brown mushrooms
one small diced onion
three cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper
half stick of butter
1/4 cup of flour
2 or 2 1/2 cups of milk
1/3 cup of heavy cream
handful of Parmesan cheese

Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Drizzle and toss with a little olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and saute until tender. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over mixture. Add flour and toss to coat. Add milk and cream and stir until sauce thickens. When sauce thickens, add a handful of Parmesan cheese and stir as it melts in. Remove sauce from heat and serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle a little more Parmesan on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment