Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Restaurant Review- Fogo de Chao

For the second night of restaurant week dinner date extravaganza Brandon and I headed out to Fogo de Chao for all the meat we could eat. This is really one of the best deals on restaurant week, since a three course dinner for two costs only $50 during this week and I can’t even imagine how much it would cost regularly.

For those of you that haven’t been to a churrascaria before, let me explain. You sit at your table with a small green and red token, while men in silly pants walk around and serve you delicious meat until you explode.


First Course:

Salad Bar- You know… lettuce, veggies, bread, dressings, chicken salad, cheese and sliced meats.

Cheese bread- Warm yummy bread stuffed with warm yummy cheese. I don’t know what more you could want.

Review: Ok, so maybe you’re not impressed at the sound of a salad bar, but this one was amazing. There are over 30 different items, and each one of them was amazing. I even know a certain VEGAN that likes to come to this STEAK HOUSE for the salad bar. Def try the basil salad dressing. The bread was also great. I’ve had this at another Brazilian place that I like to frequent and didn’t enjoy it, so I was pleasantly surprised.


Main Course:

Meats- Picanha, Filet Mignon, Beef Ancho, Alcatra, Fraldinha, Costela, Cordeiro, Frango, Costela De Proco, Lombo, Linguica

Side Dishes- Crispy polenta, garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized bananas.

Review: Holy meat, Batman. As a past pescatarian, I was a bit overwhelmed by the huge slabs circling around my head. I was especially partial to the lamb (my first time ever having lamb), the chicken cooked in bacon and the filet mignon cooked in bacon. But, above all that… let’s talk about the crispy polenta. What if we lived on a beach and ate crispy polenta everyday? We’d be queens, that’s what.


Dessert Course:

Key-lime pie

Turtle Cheesecake

Review- As far as dessert go, these were alright. Not amazing and life changing, not gross and soupy.


Drinks:

Xengu beer

Pino Noir

No comments:

Post a Comment