Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


1. Preheat oven to 350°F.


2. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg (its not in the recipe, but I add about 1/8-1/4 tsp of ground cloves, too) into a mixing bowl.


3. Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a hand mixer at medium speed.


4. Sift flour mixture into butter mixture and mix well.


5. Fold in chocolate chips and oats.


6. Spoon 1.5 inch balls onto non-stick cookie sheet.


7. Bake at 350°F for 6-9 minutes, rotating half way through baking. (Should be lightly firm in the center when done) Be careful -- oatmeal cookies don't look done when they are, so they are very easy to over cook.


---Review---

Sorry for the real weird formatting up there. I copied and pasted from the recipe website and it seems to have made the text go all weird.

Anyway, these cookies were really good. They are B's favorite type, and so when I saw them featured on a blog that I frequent quite often I knew I had to make them THAT DAY.

I took the cookies out as soon as thy started to look even a little brown on the edges to avoid burning. This made them super soft, and they stayed that way.

I will not go on and on about how B took these to school, left my Pyrex container there and I haven't seen it since. Not going to talk about it. Not even a word... now I know how my mother feels.

Makes about 3 thousand cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment