Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cherries and Brie Breakfast Pastry

1 can cherry pie filling
1 wheel Brie
1 puff pastry sheet

1. Thaw puff pastry sheet. Place Brie in middle of sheet and cover with cherry pie filling.

2. Fold up corners of pastry sheet and twist so that they hold together like a bundle.

3. Bake as per puff pastry box instructions. Brie should be melted and bubbling.

--- Review---

I made this back in LA with my friend Michele one weekend (except with raspberry jam) and loved it so much that I took it home for Brandon to eat. I love cherries more than raspberry, so I made it for breakfast on a good cold Denver morning and B and I gobbled up the whole thing.

The Brie has a great salty flavor that goes well with the sweetness of the cherries... and who doesn't like puff pastry? Seriously.

I like it with crackers. B likes it with a fork.

1 comment:

  1. I am now completely in love with the idea of putting cherry pie filling in this now. I'm planning to try it with a nut and brown sugar caramel-y type mix as well. Maybe some apples.

    ReplyDelete