8 oz macaroni
6 oz frozen asparagus (You'll find an 8 oz bag, just don't use the bottom of the spears)
3 tbl spoons flour, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Olive oil for cooking chicken
1. Rinse chicken, pat dry and cut into bite size pieces. Combine 2 tablespoons flour, salt, pepper and parsley in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake till coated.
2. Cook noodles according to package. Cook asparagus according to package.
3. Cook chicken in a frying pan with oil. Set aside. Cut asparagus into bite size pieces.
4. Melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in cheese and stir until thickened. Stir in paprika. Stir in asparagus. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour sauce over noodles and chicken.
This is an old-y but good-y in my house. It was a staple when we lived in LA. Usually it has frozen spinach instead of asparagus, but I think I like it this way more.
From "The Everything College Cookbook".