Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday Night Dinner: Turkey Chili



This week, we had guacamole and chips, salad, and turkey chili. My picture would look prettier if I had remembered to take a picture before I dug into my first bowl, but I didn't. So this picture is actually my second bowl. I combined a recipe I found online and one I borrowed from a friend and this is what I came up with. It wasn't quite thick enough, actually, but I thought it tasted alright. I should hope I thought it tasted alright, I have enough leftover for at least two meals. Here's the recipe.

Recipe:
1 large diced yellow onion
ground turkey
garlic (I used two cloves)
four cans of beans (I went with two black, one pinto, one kidney)
3 cans of diced tomatoes (my friend's recipe only called for two, and the recipe I found online may have only called for one, but Whitney and I decided we needed more tomatoes)
ground black pepper
chili powder
cumin
salt (optional)

Saute onion and garlic for a few minutes, then add ground turkey. Season with chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. After turkey browns, add beans and tomatoes. Cook until boils, then simmer. Taste and season as necessary during cooking process. I think after it boiled, I tasted it and seasoned it and then let it simmer and may have added a little salt during the simmering process. We let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
Garnish with sour cream and chopped green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment