2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
4 tablespoons EVOO
Salt and Black Pepper
4 small chicken breasts
6 cups of Arugula, washed and dried
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
1/3 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup store bought Pesto
Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings for show
1. Combine vinegar, 2 tablespoons EVOO and Salt and Pepper to taste. Coat chicken.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
3. While chicken is cooking, in a large bowl combine the arugula, lemon juice, remaining EVOO. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove chicken from pan and put on a cutting board. Add the butter to the skillet, when it is melted add flour and cook for a minute or so. Whisk in chicken stock and cream. Bring to a simmer to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in pesto.
5. Cut chicken and arrange on a dinner plate. Pour on pesto gravy, then top with arugula and cheese shavings.